Friday, July 9, 2010

Kitchen Days: Veggies and Herbs

So, I've been given the opportunity to babysit my neighbor's garden! They will be returning shortly from their vacation away from home. They've been gone for a period of 2 weeks and told me I could pick from their garden, *sigh* I've been in vegetable heaven! I can not express how thankful I am, and yes...there has been stressful days with her garden, Like... some of the leaves of her garden has turned yellow/brown in her squash area. but my Mommy reassured me, that this could be a course of nature. so yes I will wipe my sweat and worries away! Her garden consists of Corn, Squash, Zuchinni, Cucumbers, different assortments of Peppers, and different herbs like Lavender, Oregano, Cilantro, and so on :)

A little Eye-Candy






I've picked so many tomatoes, it's like a tomato fest here! I've wondered about freezing these herbs and vegetables, and my friend has given me some resources online! I've done a little research on my own, and found this useful!


And this one is short simple and straight to the point:



Till next time :)


2 comments:

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

I do envy those who have their plot of land for gardening... I would fill my garden with exotic herbs and spices!

Lily Leaf ♥ said...

awww, I know what you mean!
exotic herbs and spices, sounds yummy and pretty!